Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Are you there, Blog? It's me, Mandy

Remember me?? JR is SO going to kill me for posting this picture... haha!!! Paybacks, honey.. paybacks!! More on that later ;)

Okay to redeem myself and not get into TOO much trouble... we have much cuter pictures...
I'm done, I swear :)

I can NOT believe it has been almost two weeks since I have blogged! I definitely did not intend for it to be that long. It's been busy (but at the same time, pretty uneventful!

I have also been trying to keep up with everyone's blogs... I'm so behind!

Since I haven't been so great with taking pictures of all of my meals (sorry about that!), I thought I would share with you some food, quotes, pictures or whatever else I've loved the past couple of weeks :)

On the food front...I have tried a couple of new products! Now, when I say "new"... I mean, these are new to me but I'm pretty sure have been around for awhile... and as always, I'm behind in the times :)

I have always loved my Kashi waffles (always will!)... but this week, I thought I'd try out something different. I have seen Van's waffles everywhere... and thought I'd give them a go! I'm really glad I did!

These babies kept me SO full! I have been eating them as a PB&B sandwich... and I LOVE them. But SOMEONE (and by SOMEONE I mean the waffle stealing man who I call my husband) ate my LAST two waffles without asking... so now I have to wait until next week to have them again...sniff, sniff...

And having such a taco craving lately, I picked up these shells from Garden of Eatin'... and paired them with this great recipe from Eating Well's website. I used the recipe to season our ground turkey... we both LOVED the recipe!

That's it for food today! :) More discoveries later this week!

Other things I have loved during my break...

Maddie dressing up in Mommy & Daddy's clothes..




Speaking of Maddie, thank you all so much for your advice on her eating habits! I am mostly trying to stay patient with her as of now. I hope things change soon! I am trying to cut back on how much milk & juice she drinks during the day to see if that's a start! We'll go from there!



On the music front... I have been completely OBSESSED with Colbie Caillat's new album. If you liked her first one... Definitely go check this one out!

What else... hmmm... OH yes! Last week, I found myself with a (rare) hour of free time... and knew that local blogger Amanda worked pretty close to where I was at. We sent a few text messages - and met up at a fav coffee shop... Fido! We got to chat for about an hour... and I had a blast. She's such a sweet girl and so much fun to talk to! We are going to take a Zumba class together tomorrow night (her first class ever!) and do dinner Thursday night, too! How awesome is it that as bloggers we have the opportunity to make new friends we may have somehow never met otherwise?

I love, love, LOVE the Zumba class we are going to. The class is a bit of a drive for me... but SO worth it! The teacher is amazing and so motivating! Her website is here.... you can check out some pictures and videos to see what her class is like :) If you are in town and want to meet up for a class...let me know!



I am going to end this monster of a post here.... but leave you with a cool quote from Chalene Johnson... creator of Turbo Jam videos and Chalene Extreme..."Your weight does not define you. Your character defines you. Good health is essential, not a number on a scale".

Something I have been trying to remind myself of every.single.day!

By the way - is this font color better? Erica, thanks for the suggestion! I actually agreed with you and needed to work on it! Let me know if this is better for everyone :)





10 comments:

  1. we could never forget about you, lover! Welcome back - you are very missed :)

    That quote is incredible, I'm writing it in my journal right now - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pics! All of you are sooo cute! And I love kids dressing up in grown up clothes...

    Sounds like things are going well for you. How cool that you got to meet another blogger and are going to hang out with her some more! Enjoy the Zumba class.

    Great quote! So true and so important to remember!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww you are your hubby are too cute!!

    I just tried my first Zumba class - and I love it too. I can't wait to take it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I can't wait to see all your delicious foods!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, love the pictures : )

    Btw, I never did get back to you about your magazine but don't worry, it IS coming! It may take a month or two to get your first issue because it's a bimonthly magazine but you WILL get it! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, Maddie is so cute! Love the pics!

    I am SO excited about Zumba tonight!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. teehee your title made me laugh! Love the pics of you and your hubby...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back!!

    Love the cute photos of you and JR- you are a cute couple!

    So cool to meet another blogger!!

    Have fun at Zumba!

    ReplyDelete
  9. vans are my absolute FAVVVVVVVV waffle :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I am SO glad you're back. You look fabulous- such a BEAUTIFUL lady. Love the pictures of you and the man. I've purchased those waffles before- they are delicious!!! Cute pictures of your baby. Chalene rocks! I used to teach Turbo Kick and loved her energy. Have a great great weekend

    ReplyDelete