Sunday, July 12, 2009

Awesome Saturday!

How is everyone's weekend so far?

My Saturday started off with a 5:30 am wake up call! We had to be out of the house early to get to my Aunt's house in Georgia...I had to get up to fit a short work out in!

I decided to do "The Shredder"...Level 2 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I added in a few more of my own upper body exercises after it was over....I burned 253 calories in about a half hour. Not bad!

The main reason we headed to GA was to see not just both of my Aunt's that live there... but my dad, too. My dad lives in Florida (where I grew up)... but was heading up to visit his sisters. I took advantage of him only being an short drive away (instead of a 12 to 13 drive) and took off to see him!

After that, showered and ate breakfast as we headed off to Georgia! I have had a whole box of Kashi Go Lean waffles in the freezer FOREVER... and they expire next month, so I figured I better start using them! I toasted them up and slathered one side with PB and one side with AB and cherry preserves... with a naner.

About an hour into the trip, I was so excited to see a sign for Starbucks and pulled in to indulge in a bit of latte action

So even though I packed a big ol cooler full of food for lunch, I had a feeling my hubby would end up with something else... haha... and I was right! I should have snapped a pic but I didn't :) He and the kiddo ended up with Mickey D's... I'm not a huge fan of the Golden Arches so I opted to stick with my packed lunch not knowing what we would be eating for dinner at my Aunt's house... I packed a quick turkey and swiss on Ezekiel bread... I had some mixed blueberries, strawberries and pineapple to go with it - but they didn't look or taste right, so I grabbed the bag of baked lays I had packed for JR.

After a few more stops (never know what traveling with a Toddler is going to bring)... we were almost there...as you can see, after four hours, Maddie was more than ready to get out of the car! I don't know what I'm going to do with her when we have to drive to Florida next month for my brother's wedding!

We finally made it to my Aunt's... got out and visited for a bit... and then took Maddie out to meet the animals! This is their donkey, Peetie
My Aun't horse, Harley
All three of their horses... Blackie, Grey and Harley... aren't they gorgeous?
We had dinner... sorry, no pics of dinner! I'm still in that "awkward stage" where I feel odd taking pictures of my food when I'm around family or small groups... haha. Plus, I'm not sure I want everyone to know just yet about the blog... so I didn't want to have to explain! My Aunt had fixed chicken and shrimp to have with alfredo sauce... eek!!! But she knew was awesome and fixed my Uncle and I some plain grilled chicken to have instead of the chicken alfredo! I had half of the piece of grilled chicken, two small pieces of boiled shrimp, some plain noodes, corn and green beans. And some of the awesome salad she put together! My other Aunt made a GORGEOUS trifle... pudding mixed with cake, whip cream and strawberries, blueberries and banana... it was heavenly!!!!

After dinner, my Aunt headed out to get her horse, Harley warmed up so we could all take turns riding him! Maddie was so excited... here's a few shots of her watching with anticipation :)
Having a blast! :)
JR took a turn, too :)
We snapped a few shots with family before heading back to Tennessee.... Maddie with my dad and his fiance, Carol.
A shot that I thought looked cool of us all hanging out on my Aunt's porch...
I tried to grab this shot on our way home of the sun... I got the camera out too late... We had full view of it... but I took too long! I thought I'd share this anyway... It was so awesome!

This has been one heck of a post! Sorry for that! I'll check in later today.... I'm now off to shower and get ready to head to the last class of my yoga workshop with an awesome blogger friend :)

3 comments:

  1. I just love adding pb to the waffles. makes them so much more filling!

    aww sounds like such an exciting day! The girls seemed happy around the horses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore horses! I've always wanted to ride one, but still have not had the chance. how lucky the girls are to get such a lovely experience at a young age!
    I'm glad you had such a great day, and i hope you enjoy your yoga! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies!!!

    Actually... I should have mentioned it... the pictures were only of Maddie! But it does look like it could be two girls, huh? She had to change clothes at one point.. and it was hot outside, so we pulled her hair back... so I can see how it would like more than one child :) My bad!!!

    Thanks for visiting!! :)

    ReplyDelete