Monday, July 6, 2009

Playing catch-up already!

How was everyone's Monday??

Mine was pretty rough... especially coming back from a holiday weekend! We were slammed at work!

I am going to recap a little bit of my fav meals from Sunday and Monday!

Sunday's breakfast....It's basically Kath's Oatmeal Pancake recipe... but using oat bran and some different measurements.

1/2 cup oat bran
1 tbsp Jay Robb Protein Powder
1/2 tsp of baking powder and vanilla extract
1/2 tsp agave
1/2 mashed banana
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
tons and tons of cinnamon :)

I also added in a ton of blueberries, too! I sliced up the rest of my banana and of course, smeared it with a TON of TJ's crunchy almond butter!!! Heaven!!!

I somehow lost track of time and ended up extremely late... I had to bolt out the door to yoga class! It was a REALLY challenging class for me... I have been taking a Back to Basics workshop through one of our yoga studios. I have done quite a few yoga videos at home and through www.yogadownload.com. I was sure that there were things I was doing incorrectly and when I heard about this workshop, I knew it was just what I needed! It turns out that Heather was interested in joining the class, too! It's been awesome having a friend for support!


Sunday night was pretty uneventful.... we rented a movie (gotta love Mickey D's $1 Redbox!!) and watched Beverly Hills Chiuiua with the kiddo. It was actually a cute a movie! And of course, we had to have dessert....

Yesterday was insanely busy at work... and thankfully, FLEW by! JR stayed home with Maddie... his grandmother isn't doing very well and his parents needed to stay with her. So he and Maddie joined me for lunch at work... which was a very welcomed break!

I came home and was going to work out... but honestly, my body was drained. I didn't have it in me... so I wasn't going to push myself. Some days, you really have to listen to what your body is telling you!

So instead, we finished taking the pictures for the success stories I have to send in.... I'll share a few here... please excuse my white ghostly legs... I wasn't prepared to take pictures in shorts (and don't usually wear shorts!)... but Collage asked for them... so here ya go!


What do you think?? I hope they like them!

We finally got to making dinner... I was craving some mexican food big time... but was also wanting a big ol salad, too! So I combined the two :)
This baby was a mix of romaine and spinach, about 3 oz of round steak, bell peppers, red onion, tomato, green onions and some mexican blend cheese sprinkled on top. Then I added some hummus and guac on the side with some yummy blue corn chips! It was awesome :) I was very happy with it!

Okay, this has been one monster of a post!

Before I go, for anyone who may be reading... I am trying to think of a better title for the blog. Peanut Butter Lovin' Mama was kind of a temporary thing... I'm not sure where I want to go with it for sure as of yet! I want something that can show that I will include some make up here and there... being a full time mom/working full time/trying to keep a healthy lifestyle... if anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment