Saturday, July 11, 2009

It's the weekend!!

The weekend is finally here! :)

A quick recap of Friday's food...

Breakfast was a cinnamon raisin Ezekiel cinnamon raisin muffin... 1 side with my fav whole foods PB and the other with AB and cherry preserves... sprinkled with cinnamon on top. Had a banana, too

It was one of my co-workers last day yesterday, so we had a big luncheon for her to say goodbye! I'm ALWAYS nervous when it comes to our luncheons...it's usually full of unhealthy choices! I brought a big salad and some berries and a loaf of whole grain pecan raisin bread... I have to say I was VERY impressed this time! A lot of the ladies at work have completely changed how they have been eating and the choices were MUCH better! I couldn't get great pics with my phone but here's the spread...

I did very well... I stuck with my salad, some roasted chicken that I brought from home, 1 small meatball, and a ton of this amazing salad someone put together - it was fresh mozzarella, tomato, avocado, spinach and basil pesto... SO good!

For dessert, I had a half serving of a better than sex cake and a pina colada cake... and ate not even half of each of what I had on my plate... so it was all good :)


My tummy was rumbling a few hours later... I had this handful of trail mix X2

Dinner was completely unplanned... JR and I were supposed to have a date night, which didn't work out in the end due to his grandmother's surgery... so I had nothing out for dinner! I ended up just sauteing a bunch of veggies and using up some leftovers... nothing exciting!
Last of the turkey burgers topped with some shredded cheddar, sauteed zucchini, squash, peppers, corn and onion topped with black beans, blue corn chips and some guac and hummus!

I stuck with the dance theme from our dance party the night before and did a "dance" Firm work out yesterday...Cardio Dance Express. It's pretty fun! Not cheesy like most dance work out videos... I normally stay away from stuff like that... but I like this one! I burned 400 calories...
'
Speaking of work outs, I have got to get mine going here this morning! I blogged instead of working out!

Sorry for the uneventful post... had to make it quick today! We are driving to the Atlanta, GA area to visit my family today... so gotta get on the road soon!

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. ahah I bet it wouldn't surprise you if I said I really love your breakfast.
    Wow that is one great burn from the dancing!

    ReplyDelete