Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Feeling Icky....

Hey everyone!

Hope you all had a great start to the week!

Thank you for your awesome comments on yesterday's Make Up Monday post! I am definitely going to keep this going... and would love for anyone to send me their favorite looks or product reviews to feature!! :)

I'm at home today... I'm not feeling very well! So I am here just updating my food for Monday... then heading off to rest!

I started out with a different breakfast... for me anyway! I saw it in a Fitness magazine and it used waffles... and since I am trying to work through my Kashi waffles, I thought I'd give it a shot!

This had 1 whole egg and 1 egg white, 2 tbsp natural shredded cheese, 1 slice ham sandwiched in between two Kashi waffles. A banana on the side (which I did add 1 tsp almond butter to before leaving... what's breakfast without some AB or PB?!?)

Check out my fancy plate ;) I have to eat on my way to work... that's about as stylish as it gets in the mornings for me!

I had a whole different lunch planned for work yesterday... but had to nix it pretty quickly! The air conditioning wasn't workout at our office... the thermostat was reading over 90! We had to pull out lamps to put on our desks and turn off the overhead lights, close blinds and blast fans to keep cool. I had brought soup for lunch - obviously not going to happen! The only thing I wanted was a salad... so I ran off to Panera to grab their Strawberry Poppyseed salad with Chicken... Yum!

Work was insanely busy, as usual.... I didn't get to snack until I was on my way to get Maddie... I ripped out my apple and went to town...couldn't wait to snap a pic first!

Knowing I had to work out when I get home and it would be really late when we would eat dinner, I had a small second snack. Maddie and I split this bar on the way home....


My work out was a new Firm video... Get Chisl'd. I really like this one... it's mainly a strength training video... but also adds in some power moves in between. Things like squat thrusts, cross country skis, lunge jumps... really gets the heart rate up and going! My only complaint is that the reps are short... I feel like there should be another set of each move... but for the time frame, it was good... I burnt 330 calories...

I didn't get started on dinner until almost 7:30... we had a huge avocado that HAD to be used or thrown out... so i attempted making guacamole. It was okay but I think I added a little too much lime juice! I grilled some tilapia and peppers.... added some lettuce and sour cream... and some more blue corn chips...
Now, I'm going to go lay down again... Hoping to feel better before Brittney arrives tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well- hope you get better soon! Maybe it was the heat from the office yesterday?? I love that waffle bfast sammy- what a fabulous idea :) Thank you for your thoughts on the HRMs

    ReplyDelete